Tuesday 6 November 2012

Thou shall always be consistent

Yes. I have become one of them hopeless bloggers that gave up after a few posts. I apologise, (just like all the other hopeless bloggers end up doing). Maybe I might start getting back into it, I hope I do!
Anyway, where do I start? Quite a lot has happened since the last time I wrote a post in this little blog of mine. And by quite a lot I mean bloody loads!
I have recently started a kind of scrap book journal thing where I just stick loads of random crap in and hope it makes a good reflective read at the end of the year. Because of this I spent a while trying to figure out events which had happened in the past few months so in theory this shouldn't be to difficult. Key word: "shouldn't".
SOOOO following on from my adventure with the host family to Quisco...

ViƱa del Mar & Valparaiso!
Got invited down to these places by some Chilean friends for a long weekend! I'll explain this one in pictures I nicked off Facebook. Valparaiso is definitely one of my favourite cities I've ever been too, very quirky, very interesting. Could spend many an hour drifting through the streets.

                            Met up with Ben & Oli and also Sambo & Finlay in a bar, Valpo!


Found a really really cool Van Gogh painted on a building, was going to show it in full to you, but instead here's a picture of us jumping like idiots in front of it!

Meandering about up in Valpo.

Loads of cool paintings on walls and stuff.

Loads.

LOADS.

And obviously a cheeky boat trip.


Weekend in TALCA!
One night we went out to Bellavista in Santiago for kicks and giggles which was all cool and everything, then along that night we made bumped into someone who spoke great English called Pablo! Within a few days we received an invite from him to visit him in Talca. Why not. That very weekend we hoped on a bus and travelled three hours south to the large town of Talca. There's not all too much going on there but it was still very fun and worth gandering down south for! Met a few mountain bikers at a party which is a definite plus, sometime this year might even shoot a little film with them! 

First EARTHQUAKE!
Yep, pretty much says it all there. My first earthquake. Very very surreal moment in my life, being thrown off balance by the ground and seeing all the pupils dash under their desks quickly. People crying, mum's racing in to collect their children, etc etc.
Apparently it was just a little one which is fortunate. The only way I can describe it is like your surfing on the ground along with everyone else around you.


Valparaiso, the second.
This time in Valparaiso there were over 10 of us Volunteers. Super fun this time round, even more so than the first Valparaiso gander! Fantastic to see everyone again! Here's a few pictures I nicked from Finlay (soz).
 
                                   Sitting about Sammy and Finalys house with everyone




  
        (This picture just needs to be seen more)



                          Sambo and I on the baloney pointing at stuff cause we can


Rooftop gander.



De Chacabuco al Carmelo! Un Camino de Santidad
This was basically a 27km walk for a catholic reason that I can't really remember/didn't understand. About 80,000 people joined in, getting up at ridiculous times (3:30am for us) all in the name of God. Totally worth it though, been waiting for a good stroll in the Andes! The scenery was incredible but it was the people that made it for me. Everyone was in such a good mood creating a great atmosphere for the whole duration of the walk. 



Apparently touching the big cross at the highest point of the walk does something good to you, people walked away from it in tears of happiness. I on the other hand, just felt a bit cramped, tired and sweaty when as touched it.







English Week!
The school very recently held an English week which was pretty fun! We had to dress up silly and prepare famous short stories and present them with a powerpoint to all the youngest students, they loved it as did we! They also had students singing songs from the three artists; Amy Winehouse, Elvis and Coldplay during the school breaks!

The three stories we chose where Where The Wild Things Are, Little Red Riding Hood and Jack and the Beanstalk!











Halloween!
For Halloween me and James went to Open Blondie at Club Hipico, unlike anything I've been to before, crazy night! Loads of different areas with all kinds of great music, difficult to explain really! Sadly, no pictures to put up of us there but I have a few just before we set off!







No comments:

Post a Comment